The Capital Hearings have performed at the Kennedy Center, Strathmore, and at regional performing arts centers in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. The ensemble has also appeared on concert series sponsored by educational organizations, senior living communities, and religious institutions among others.
Concert performances feature a cappella vocal music from a wide variety of styles, including classical choral music, vocal jazz, and arrangements of contemporary “pop” songs. Our stylistically-diverse programs have always proven popular with younger audiences, parents, and grandparents alike!
Please contact us at (202) 630-6067 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What We Offer
“I simply want to congratulate you on an excellent performance. The singing quality was outstanding and the selections were unusual, imaginative and well balanced.”
- Quality. Our ensemble is composed of professional-caliber singers, many of whom currently or have previously performed in the Washington area’s major choral ensembles, in prestigious venues such as the Kennedy Center and Carnegie Hall, and/or as paid soloists in area church choirs. Our debut album, Opening Statement, received both critical praise and recognition by the national a cappella community.
- Audience Appeal. Our unique blend of styles and music from different time periods is attractive to an unusually diverse audience demographic, from young professionals to seniors. Many of our concert series appearances have resulted in sold-out (or nearly full) venues.
- Co-Marketing. We often engage in co-marketing agreements with venues and presenters, including outreach to our fan base via social media.
- Flexibility. Our ensemble is very flexible, capable of working with most in-house audio systems (and sound engineers), or off-mic depending on the acoustic environment. We are committed to working with presenters to keep production costs manageable.
“I had to write to say thank you and to tell you it was absolutely outstanding. The concept was thoughtful and interesting and the music was sublime. I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed myself that much at a concert. I was riveted the entire time.”
- Voices of Our Nation Choral Festival, John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Washington, D.C.
- “A Cappella Showcase,” Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts, Annapolis, Md.
- INTERSECTIONS Festival, Atlas Performing Arts Center, Washington, D.C.
- Performing Arts Council Concert Series, Riderwood Senior Community, Silver Spring, Md.
- Music and Arts Concert Series, Westmoreland Congregational UCC, Bethesda, Md.
- Music Forum Concert Series, The Community College of Baltimore County, Essex, Md.
- Clear Harmonies Concert Series, Arlington Temple United Methodist Church, Arlington, Va.
“I heard you guys and at first I thought it was a CD playing…purest voices I have heard in a long time. Thank you so much…”
- “An A Cappella Holiday,” Art After Hours Concert Series, Strathmore, N. Bethesda, Md.
- “An A Cappella Holiday with The Capital Hearings” Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts, Annapolis, Md.
- Season’s Greenings Concert Series, U.S. Botanic Garden Conservatory, Washington, D.C.
- “An A Cappella Holiday with The Capital Hearings,” BlackRock Center for the Arts, Germantown, Md.
- “An A Cappella Holiday with The Capital Hearings,” Montpelier Arts Center, Laurel, Md.
- Winter Wonderland Concert, Bethesda Urban Partnership, Imagination Stage, Bethesda, Md.
- Holiday Concert Series, CityCenterDC, Washington, D.C.